Founder President – Islamabad Women Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Chairperson UBG Women Wing
CEO: Misha’s Collection
As the Founder President of Islamabad Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IWCCI) I extend my warmest welcome to you.
In the past 17 years, IWCCI has built up a fund of knowledge, experience and has accumulated a number of benefits for its members. Being founder President, my goal is to encourage continuing growth and awareness of IWCCI.
I’ve done Masters in World Comparative Religion and awarded Gold Medal. I started of my journey in 1989. I use to supply readymade garments in market. I opened up my own outlet of readymade garments in 1990. I was the first woman in twin cities to open up an outlet in the market that was male dominated. I encountered many problems, at that time there was hardly any help available so I decided to work harder to form an exclusive chamber for Women. At that time, there was no law to establish a separate women chamber. I personally advocated the government of Pakistan to allow the establishment of separate chambers for Business women in Pakistan.
We Started working in 2000 and got license in 2009, Started with 5 members and now we cater more than 350 women entrepreneurs of twin cities, I have tried my level best for establishing this chamber and enabling environment where women can come without any hesitation and take membership, we have helped them to establish their business and further marketed their products in local, national and international markets.
Our chamber acts as an institution where women entrepreneurs no matter how small or big their businesses are, gather and share their experiences and failures and also the secrets that how they converted their failures in to success
- Currently appointed as Chairperson UBG Women Wing.
- She initiated the movement for separate women chambers in 2000 and advocated government about the importance and need of women chamber.
- In 2007, law was amended that gave the provision of women chambers.
- In 2009, Islamabad Women Chamber got formal recognition and license by her efforts.
- Presented country paper in 2000 in Japan.
- Contested the Member Provincial Assembly (MPA) election in 2002.
- Trained more than 500 urban and rural women.
- Former Committee Member State Bank – Islamabad & Rawalpindi.
- Member Federal Tax Ombudsman Committee – Member Advisory Committee – Bahria University
- Headed 12 International delegations of women entrepreneurs.
- Organized about 25 life style exhibitions and 5 mega Expos in Islamabad.